3 Super Tasty and Healthy Quinoa Recipe
Nutritious and Healthy Quinoa Recipes for Break Fast, Lunch & Dinner
The air is electrified with health buzz. From fitness goals to food roles, millennials are in a frenzy for healthy bringing! And what’s better than quinoa to suit the role. Read on to check out my 3 Super Tasty and Healthy Quinoa Recipe
Well, honestly, I was not aware of this superfood until a few years ago. It took Abhishek Bachan’s viral tweet about healthy food to bring it to my attention!
And after that quinoa just kept flooding into my feeds.
From the beautiful Aishwarya Rai to fitness queen Shilpa Shetty everybody is bingeing on quinoa.
And why not! It is coined as the superfood of the future!
Check out these awesome benefits of eating Quinoa
8 Amazing Benefits of Quinoa :
Quinoa is called a superfood. And it sure has reasons to own that crown! Quinoa offers oodles of benefits to the body. It’s light on the stomach and healthy for the body. From the bones to the tummy, every part benefits from quinoa
- Quinoa is high in protein and low in calories.
- It is gluten-free which means it is a perfect choice for people with gluten intolerance.
- Quinoa is very nutritious. It is a rich source of dietary fibre.
- It also contains magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E.
- It is rich in beneficial antioxidants that help fight free radicals and delay ageing.
- Quinoa improves digestion and facilitates healthier bowel movement.
- Quinoa has a low glycemic index which is good for blood sugar control in diabetes.
- Quinoa helps in weight loss. It improves metabolism and curbs hunger. Also, it has fewer calories.
But is it tasty?
Well, depends on the recipe!
The cliched thinking that healthy means boring and tasteless went for a 180-degree twirl.
With celebrity dietitians, food bloggers, and nutritionists pouring all the wisdom, people now know the knack of balancing health with taste!
So, try out my 3 Super Tasty and Healthy Quinoa Recipe before you rate the taste-o-meter for quinoa!
1. Healthy Quinoa Idli for BreakFast
Idli is a delight not just on the taste buds but also on the health charts. Did you check Katrina Kaif taking the ‘Dabba Challenge?’
Celebs like Deepika Padukone and Alia Bhatt too are fans of this humble snack.
Well, idli is nutritious, filling and tasty!
Idli is a rich source of carbohydrates, fibres, and proteins. It is light on the stomach and easy to digest. Idli is rich in vitamins and encourages healthy gut flora. Not just that Idli is a great snack for weight loss.
Benefits of Idli:
- Idli is gluten-free.
- Idli is fermented which makes it protein and vitamin-enriched.
- It is easy to digest.
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1/2 cup Split Urad Dal
- 1 cup Rava
- 1/2 teaspoon Methi Seeds
- 2 Carrots
- Soak urad dal, methi seeds, and quinoa separately. Let it soak for 5 hours.
- Grind urad dal and methi in a mixer.
- Add urad dal mixture to Idli Rava.
- Grind quinoa to make a smooth paste and blend it with the idli Rava.
- Stir the mix well to make it smooth and consistent.
- Let the batter ferment for 6 hours or overnight.
- Add salt to the batter according to your taste.
Preparing the vessel
- You can make quinoa Idlis in a steamer, pressure cooker or idli stand.
- If you are using a pressure cooker then remove the whistle.
- Add water to the base of the vessel and bring it to boil.
- Grease the idli plates with oil or butter.
- Mix the batter well for consistency.
- Add grated carrot and beet to the batter and mix it well.
- Pour the idli batter into the vessel and cover the lid.
- Cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Check if the idli is ready by removing the lid.
- If the idli looks cooked then allow them to cool.
- Take the idlis out with a spoon and serve hot.
- Eat it with chutney and sambhar.
2. Vegetable Quinoa Khichdi for Lunch
This one is an absolute favourite. Simple and delicious!
Nutritionists say that lunch should be the heaviest meal you eat in the day. So, make a nutrition-packed lunch with the punch of veggies cooked with the superfood quinoa.
- ½ spoon Cumin seeds
- 5-8 Curry Leaves
- 1 Onion
- ½ cup Carrot
- ¼ cup Potato
- ½ cup Broccoli
- 6- 8 Coriander leaves
- Soak the quinoa seeds in a vessel
- Heat a pan and add little olive oil to it.
- Sprinkle the cumin seeds and let it spatter.
- Add curry leaves to it.
- Let the curry leaves turn crispy, and then add chopped onions to the pan.
- When the onions turn transparent, add chopped carrot, potato and broccoli to the pan.
- Once the veggies get cooked, add soaked quinoa to the pan.
- Add some lemon juice and cook it for some time and then shift it on the cooker.
- Cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Add some coriander leaves and serve hot.
3. Herbed Garlic Quinoa for Dinner
Herbs Good! Garlic Good! Quinoa Gooood!!
Make a light dinner with digestive herbs, garlic, and quinoa.
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1 Onion
- 1 tsp Red Chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Butter
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Wash the quinoa. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a pressure cooker with olive and butter on medium flame.
- Add chopped garlic and cook it until it turns into a golden brown colour.
- Next, add the onions and cook until it turns transparent.
- Put the flame on medium. Add salt and dried herbs.
- Add red chilli flakes and mix well.
- Add in the quinoa. Pour 3 cups of water and close the pressure cooker.
- Cook it for 2 whistles.
- Let the pressure release. And serve it hot in a platter.
- Sprinkle some mixed herbs, lemon juice, and coriander.
Try these 3 super-rich recipes for healthy and tasty quinoa. And tell us what your tongue says!