Who doesn’t like cookies? And this time, we have a sweet recipe and a savoury one to suit every taste
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter
2 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
3/4 tsp baking powder
3 tsp mix of chopped chilies, chopped curry leaves, grated ginger, diced cilantro, and mint
2-3 tsp yogurt
How to make
• Add flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
• Cut the butter into cubes and add to the flour. Mix in sugar.
• The dough should be of the consistency of breadcrumbs. Do not knead.
• Stir in the chopped peppers, curry leaves, ginger, cilantro, and mint. Blend in the yogurt.
• Roll out the dough to a log of 1/8- inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes.
• Place the shapes on a baking sheet, around 2 inches apart.
• Bake at 350° F for 15 minutes. Masala cookies
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
1-1/4 cups butter softened
2 cups of sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
How to make
• Preheat the oven to 350°F. Blend softened butter and sugar in a bowl. Mix well until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla, and beat well.
• Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in another bowl and whisk well. Add the chocolate chips.
• Lightly oil the baking sheets and add spoonfuls of the dough.
• Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on pans, and place on wire racks to cool.