Who doesn’t like cookies? And this time, we have a sweet recipe and a savoury one to suit every taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp mix of chopped chilies, chopped curry leaves, grated ginger, diced cilantro, and mint 2-3 tsp yogurt
HOW TO MAKE:
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Cut the butter into cubes and add to the flour. Mix in sugar.
- The dough should be of the consistency of breadcrumbs. Do not knead.
- Stir in the chopped peppers, curry leaves, ginger, cilantro, and mint. Blend in the yogurt.
- Roll out the dough to a log of 1/8- inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes.
- Place the shapes on a baking sheet, around 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350° F for 15 minutes
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
FOR CHEWY COOKIES:
- 1-1/4 cups butter softened
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Blend softened butter and sugar in a bowl. Mix well until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla, and beat well.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in another bowl and whisk well. Add the chocolate chips.
- Lightly oil the baking sheets and add spoonfuls of the dough.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on pans, and place on wire racks to cool.