Proteins For A Better You
This wonder nutrient is not called the building block of life for nothing. It is not just the essential ingredient to creating healthy cells and tissues, but also helps boost your metabolism, lose weight and stay full until your next meal. And it’s just as easy for vegetarians to stock up on protein-rich meals, as it is for non-vegetarians.
Teriyaki Chicken Salad
• For the teriyaki sauce
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
• 1 tsp honey
• 1 clove garlic, finely diced
• 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
• 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
• 1 tbsp water
For the salad
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
• 2 boneless chicken breasts, sliced
• 1 red bell pepper, cubed
• 1 cup pineapple cubes
• 2 heads Romaine lettuce, chopped into
How to prepare
• In a small pan, stir in the soy
sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger and
garlic, bringing to a boil.
• Dissolve the cornstarch in water,
and add to the pan.
• Bring the entire mix to a boil,
turning off the heat after half a
• In a wok, heat the sesame oil,
add chicken and cook until it is
• Toss in the bell peppers and
pineapple, cooking until they
start to soften.
• Pour the sauce over this, and
keep on the heat until the entire
dish has heated through.
• Serve over a bed of Romaine
Black Bean and Lentil Soup
• 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 onion, cubed
• 2 carrots, finely diced
• 2 cups freshly chopped tomatoes
• 1 cup dried lentils
• 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 tsp chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp cumin powder
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• Salt, to taste
• 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
• 4 cups vegetable broth
How to Prepare
• Heat olive oil in a big pot, and sauté the garlic for a minute.
• Add onions and carrots, stirring until the onions become tender.
• Add the rest of the ingredients, give a good stir, and cover with a lid.
• Over medium heat, bring the pot to a boil.
• Simmer for around half an hour or until the carrots and lentils are well done.