• 1 cup toasted white sesame seeds
• 1/2 cup softened khoya
• 1/2 cup jaggery, crumbled
• A pinch of saffron
• 2 tsp vegetable oil or ghee
• 2 tbsp warm milk
How to prepare:
• Add vegetable oil or ghee to a hot, thick
• Add sesame seeds and stir till they turn a pale
gold in colour.
• Remove from the flame and transfer the seeds
to a flat dish.
• Soak saffron in warm milk.
• Melt jaggery in the same thick-bottomed pan
used to roast sesame seeds.
• Keep stirring, ensuring that it does not reduce
• Once it froths, you can remove it
from the flame.
• Gently add in the saffron milk, and
• Add softened softened khoya,
sesame seeds and blend well
together with mixing spoons.
• Use a little vegetable oil to coat your
palms; take a small portion of the
warm mix and mould into mediumsized
balls. Do this until the mix is
• The laddoo is best served at room
Leave a Comment