Drop Everything and Read this Now: Coronavirus 2019
The news of coronavirus is spreading faster than a wildfire. Spreading fast and claiming lives.
It’s creating a situation of panic across the globe!!!
COVID-19 has caused a disruption in at least 25 other countries including India.
In the wake of coronavirus, Indian Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi tweeted his thoughts. He arose awareness and encouraged social distancing at the event of Holi. He even urged to postpone or hold on the travel and party plans to stop this epidemic at initial stages.
In his tweet, Mr. Modi expressed his choice to not participate in any Holi Milan Programme. He further quoted that experts from all across the world are advising to reduce mass gathering. As the best way to break the chain of communicable diseases in isolation.
Experts have advised reducing mass gatherings to avoid the spread of COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus. Hence, this year I have decided not to participate in any Holi Milan program.”
The outbreak of COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus is no less than a global war.
People are fanatically looking for tools of precautions! But the best precaution to any disease is education.
So, here is everything you need to beat the fatal epidemic of Coronavirus 2019.
#ClearTheChaos: What is Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a big family of viruses that can cause serious sickness. From a common cold to MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) and SARs (Severe acute respiratory syndrome), it can cause severe complications.
Coronavirus is not new!
But in 2019, a new member of the coronavirus family was identified named novel coronavirus. It was responsible for the outbreak of coronavirus in China leading to a devastating death toll!
The novel coronavirus is a new strain! Doctors and scientists concur that they have never seen it before in humans.
It can cause severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) also called coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Does coronavirus cause Death?
On Mar 3rd, 2020: COVID-19 has raised the death toll to 3,159. However, 48,201 people have recovered from the attack.
People with low immunity are at high risk.
10 Things you must know about coronavirus right NOW!!!
- Coronavirus cannot live in hot areas. If it is exposed to a temperature of 26-27°C, it will be killed.
- No vaccination is available for COVID-19.
- The coronavirus is large in size with a cell diameter of 400-500 micro. So, any mask can prevent its entry.
- The virus does not settle in the air but on the ground. It is not transmitted by air.
- Gargling with warm water and salt prevents coronavirus from leaking into the lungs.
- There is no cure for coronavirus.
- The virus lives on the hands for 10 minutes. Using alcohol sanitizer is good for prevention.
- On a metal surface, it can live for 12 hours. So, wash your hands with soap and water after touching any metal surface.
- On fabrics, it can live for 9 hours. Wash your clothes and put them under the sun to kill the virus.
- Pregnant women, aged persons, and children are at maximum risk.
Where did it come from?
There are many myths floating in the air.
But the truth is that coronaviruses are not new.
They are not man-made.
They are not biological weapons meant for mass destruction.
Coronavirus has been circulating in animals.
Over the last 70 years, scientists have found that coronaviruses can infect many animals. Some of the tested ones are mice, rats, dogs, cats, turkeys, horses, pigs, and cattle.
But some coronaviruses are zoonotic. That means they are transmitted from animals to humans.
And novel coronavirus is one among them!!!
Authorities had identified this new coronavirus outbreak first in China which is now spreading globally.
Brief History of Corona-virus
In 1937, the first research on coronavirus came to light. It was responsible for bronchitis in birds.
In 1960, the first human coronavirus was identified. It was responsible for an outbreak of a common cold.
But none of these coronaviruses resulted in calamitic chaos claiming human life.
Symptoms caused by Corona-virus
Keep an eye on the following signs.
- Sore throat
- Breathing difficulty
Symptoms of coronavirus may take 2-14 days to surface.
These are the common signs of infection identified. But in more severe cases, the infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death.
The severity of COVID-19 symptoms can range from mild to severe. It is advised to contact the doctor immediately if these symptoms show!
How does it spread?
- It can spread through saliva. Coughing and sneezing can pass the virus in the air.
- Touching or shaking hands with an infected person can pass it on.
- Making contact with an object that has the virus. Then touching the nose, eyes, or mouth can make a healthy person infected
Who is at maximum risk?
People who are traveling internationally may get exposed to the virus unknowingly. Sailors are at a high risk as they travel across ports. Their risk is also increased because of the kind of food they consume.
Infants and aged People with a weak immune system are at high risk of coronavirus. Also, those who have existing medical conditions, like heart disease, may be at higher risk of serious illness.
Treatment and Cure
Coronavirus is new! And treatments or cure for coronaviruses is still unknown. Though the symptoms can be treated.
There are no herbal medicines proven to cure coronavirus.
There are only immune-boosters that can help boost your body’s defense system.
The most valuable treatment suggested by scientists is self-care. If you are exposed to the virus, then the following precautions are suggested:
- Resting and avoiding overexertion
- Drinking enough water
- Avoid stress
- Avoid smoking and smoky areas
- Take acetaminophen, ibuprofen, or naproxen for pain and fever
- Use a humidifier or cool mist vaporizer.
- Wearing a mask.
- Keeping the surroundings clean.
12 Precautions Against Coronavirus
There is no cure to coronavirus. That’s why proper precautions can be your life-savior.
In this fight against coronavirus, here are a few things you must keep in mind:
- Avoid unprotected contact with live animals.
- Make sure that you wash your hands thoroughly after contact with animals.
- Make sure your meat is cooked thoroughly before consumption.
- Stay at a safe distance from people who are coughing and sneezing.
- Wear a mask
- Avoid crowded gatherings.
- Eat home-cooked hygienic food
- Stay away from ice cream and cold food.
- Drinking hot water and soak some sunshine.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap after touching any other object.
- Do not share utensils, towels, food.
- Cook meat and eggs completely.
IMPORTANT: How to check if you are safe from corona-virus?
Take a deep breath. Hold your breath for more than 10 seconds.
If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stuffiness or tightness, then you are not infected with the virus.
Bust the myths: Corona-virus Myths
Myth 1: Coronavirus is man-made.
Myth 2: Home remedies can cure coronavirus.
Myth 3: kids can’t get coronavirus.
Myth 4: Anyone who gets coronavirus will die.